Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco De Mayo: My Best Dip First

Since today is Cinco De Mayo, I thought I would go with a Mexican theme for my first dip.  It happens to be that my most prized recipe, has a Mexican flare to it.  The first dip is the Corn Dip.  Let's start in since I know many of you have been waiting for this recipe! 

Below are all the ingredients that make this dip.
You will need:
1 cup of Mayonnaise  
2 cups of frozen corn
1 bag of shredded monetary jack cheese
1 can of green chilies
1 cup of diced cherry tomatoes
Salt and pepper




First you combine the mayo and cheese in a bowl.  Then add corn.  While mixing, preheat the oven at 350 degrees.

 

Once you have mixed the 3 ingredients, add the chili peppers.



Mix well and add salt and pepper to your liking.  Once it is mixed well, use a oven safe dish to spread the mixture evenly.  Next top with the diced cherry tomatoes and cracked pepper.  You can also top with diced green or red peppers.



Cook the dip for about 20 minutes.  The edges should be bubbling and browned.



Serve with tortilla chips.  I prefer either blue chips or whole wheat.  





Dip into and enjoy!  Mine is already gone!

Recipe given by my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment